What Is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
One kind of arthritis that affects the spine is called Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). It is an anti-inflammatory condition that leads to the gradual fusion of vertebral bones, which reduces spinal flexibility and causes a hunched-back posture. In a few cases, it affects the ribs and causes breathing issues. With the help of natural remedies, ankylosing spondylitis treatment is possible.
Let’s explore how natural remedies such as ayurvedic herbs, dietary changes, and physical exercises can help treat ankylosing spondylitis.
Natural Treatment Methods For Ankylosing Spondylitis
1. Ayurvedic Herbs That Help In Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
- Turmeric: It is an ayurvedic herb with anti-inflammatory properties due to the substance curcumin. It plays a crucial role in faster healing and helps relieve pain associated with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Boswellia Serrata: It is an effective anti-inflammatory agent, also known as Shallaki or Indian frankincense. It is a perfect painkiller that also helps prevent loss of cartilage if consumed regularly.
- Giloy: Giloy has anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce various symptoms associated with AS.
- Ashwagandha: For centuries, people have utilized the ancient herb ashwagandha to treat conditions related to the bones. It has various anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve pain associated with ankylosing spondylitis.
- Guggul: This anti-inflammatory herb helps lessen stiffness, ease ligament pain, and stop the growth of spondylitis.
2. Diet Modifications
A balanced diet is essential for body shaping. Unhealthy food can negatively impact the body and cause several diseases, including ankylosing spondylitis. Making general modifications to the diet and including healthy foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, helps keep the body fit and away from various diseases. Start having a balanced diet to get all the essential nutrients, vitamins, and required elements into the body. Making dietary changes will accelerate your recovery.
3. Hot Fomentation And Massage
Ankylosing Spondylitis causes back pain and stiffness in muscles and joints. A hot massage on the affected area can help reduce pain and relax the muscle spasms. You can use a hot washcloth or towel and keep it on the affected area to increase the blood flow. You can also take hot showers or have a bath in hot water to manage pain, discomfort, and other symptoms associated with AS.
4. Yoga and Meditation
Various yoga asanas and meditation play a crucial role in managing ankylosing spondylitis symptoms. Yoga asanas like Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Marjariasana, Matsyasana, etc., can aid in healing your spine. In addition to that, meditation contributes to establishing a balance between body, mind, and soul, keeping stress and tension away.
5. Stretching And Regular Exercises
Stretching exercises play a crucial role in reducing the stiffness of the body. It enhances movements and helps with the effortless motion of joints. It also improves flexibility.
Some stretching exercises for improving spine movement are:
- Neck Rotation
- Spinal Stretch
- Hip Circles
In conclusion, people with ankylosing spondylitis may experience back pain and stiffness, especially during the morning or after hours of inactivity. If you prefer non-surgical ankylosing spondylitis treatment, you need to talk to the doctors at reputable healthcare centers, like ANSSI Wellness, and get a personalized treatment plan for a faster recovery.